How could you know which VPN Service is the greatest? This is actually the question that will come in our mind once we are about to buy a Personal VPN Account. Once we see that there are so many providers, we can not but wonder which is the best.
However according as to the each person needs “best” could mean an alternative thing. Many of us will need VPN to bypass Internet restrictions and access blocked websites, others utilize it in order to be able to watch foreign online TV shows on HULU, HULU Plus, BBC, Fox or NBC, while others only think of online anonymity. Anyway, effectively, a Personal VPN Service can satisfy each one of these needs.
Still with the number of VPN Providers always increasing, there are a few basis criteria your attention must turn to before you choose your VPN Service Provider.
Listed here are a number of them:
1) To begin with, have a look at the available server locations (this will be important since the IP which will replace yours is one of the server`s public IP addresses; this allows you to gain access to online programs offered only in specific areas).
2 ) The speed of the VPN connection. That is generally boosted by your proximity to the server`s location and is closely linked to the Internet speed provided by your ISP. Read some reviews and see what others have to state about this. It could be quite annoying to hold back every time 10 seconds or maybe more for a web site to load. This might easily be the main aspect in selecting a VPN Provider.
3) The VPN Account Setup process. Some VPN setups require the installation or configuration of more or less complicated software, while others do not and are super easy to follow.
4) Is the service provided reliable? The reliability refers to the stability of the connection. Does it work all the time? Any downtime? How often it happens? You can’t feel good online if your VPN disconnects every 10 minutes.
5) The limit on bandwidth. This refers to the traffic offered. Some services provide 5 to 20GB monthly while others offer unlimited bandwidth. If you’re a large of P2P, you ought to be tempted to select an unlimited one.
6) The technical support. You will maybe encounter some issues together with your connection or a drop from the server and you will need technical assistance. Is the technical support tech-savvy enough to assist you? Do they have enough knowledge to fix your issue? Are they prompt, polite and proactive?
7) VPN protocols. If you probably bother about your computer data security then try to find an ultra-secure VPN protocol like OpenVPN or SSTP that delivers the most advanced and secure encryption available. Some providers offer them as standard features. Or even, PPTP`s or and L2TP`s encryption will do fine for you.
8) The price: when you check criteria above, you are able to compare the provider`s prices and pick the best one for you. Don’t forget: probably the most expensive is not always the best and it all hangs of your needs. Prices generally fluctuate between 5$ and 30$/month.